In a few days we will share in a day of thanksgiving. For some people it will be about the turkey, ham, Mac-n-Cheese, deserts, and the thought of eating everything in sight. I too will partake in the festivities of food, but I take this time to really reflect on the many things I am thankful for.
Many times I get caught up on the things that don’t quite add up to where I’d have them be in my life: lack of sufficient finances, stresses of parenting, and undesirable weight, just to name a few. However, to give thanks is to be grateful for the things I do have.
In this season of Thanksgiving I am thankful for:
- Life – I just recently celebrated my 39th birthday. I know people who didn’t make it this far in life. I’m still here to live out my purpose.
- My husband – I never could have imagined a person who wanted to just give me everything and make me smile. No me without him!
- My children – To have given life to 3 beautiful people who are healthy and growing up before me is priceless!
- My career – IT has been my passion and I’ve gotten the opportunity to grow and increase my skill set. It’s ever changing and intriguing!
- My parents – To still have my mom and dad who continue to support me, encourage me, and inspire me!
- My siblings – We don’t talk daily but we always have each other’s back. Family is important!
- Friendship – I don’t have many close friends, but the ones I do have love me unconditionally and although distance separate us, I can always depend on them when I need a shoulder.
- Church – The place I know I can always hear a word from God to help my life.
I don’t have everything my lil heart may desire at this stage of my life, but the things listed above is enough to keep me pushing forward. I try to remind myself of this daily because in this life we tend to get clouded by all the things wrong instead of all the things that have gone right. I’m almost brought to tears as I reflect.
In this season give thanks for all you’ve been blessed to enjoy, acquire, and achieve. This year has been filled with many tragedies, incidents, and unfavorable events. Take time to reflect on the good that has also happened and you may be surprised just how much you have to be thankful about.