I have my tablet and iPhone set to give me notifications for my gmail and WordPress accounts. I was so shocked and elated to receive a notification that I was nominated for a Liebster Award! Thanks so much to @jenniferpeck23 for the acknowledgment. All I wanted to do was make a difference in the lives of others by sharing my “truth” as a mom. I enjoy reading the blogs I have been introduced to via WordPress or ones I happened to stumble upon on my own. I believe God has destined me for this moment in my life to connect with other moms, not only those I know personally, but through venues such as Blogging and social media.
About the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Liebster was created to discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
Nominate 5-10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
Ensure all these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own or your nominees or you may use the same questions.
Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Here are my answers to @jenniferpeck23’s questions:
1. What’s the best piece of advice someone shared with you before you became a mom?
Enjoy every moment because it passes by quickly.
2. What do you like to do for fun?
I don’t really know.
3. If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?
I would give some to my church, remodel my parents home, save for my children’s education, shop a little (I’m very frugal), maybe buy the BMW I have always wanted,take a romantic vacation with the hubby and lastly do something fun for my kids. Probably a few other things I can’t think of right now.
4. What type of legacy do you hope to leave for your children?
Always go after your dreams, never give up, always strive to learn something new, don’t let money burn a hole in your pocket, use it wisely. I hope to leave them finances to help them in their future endeavors, and most importantly to keep God first and everything else will fall into place (can’t go wrong with this advice).
5. What’s your least favorite household chore?
6. Have you ever hidden in the bathroom just to find an extra moment of peace and quiet when your household is in chaos?
All the time, but they always find me. Time for a new hiding place.
7. What’s your biggest challenge as a mom?
Patience when the kids aren’t listening.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Paris (I have always wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower).
9. If you could change any physical feature about yourself what would it be?
Tummy. After 3 kids it won’t go away.
10.Do you have any regrets?
No. My life is what it is today because I made some right decisions, but also the mistakes I have made along the way.
11.What inspires your most?
My faith. God has given me EVERYTHING I have and having a personal relationship with Him keeps me going and no matter what, I know He’s ALWAYS there. That’s enough inspiration to get me through this life!
I would like to nominate the following bloggers:
http://jenniferpeck23.Wordpress.com – I most certainly feel a connection to you in our blogging formats and discussion topics. Our commitment to our family and taking the time to enjoy them more is evident.
https://smilingawayfoodallergies.wordpress.com/ – I appreciate your passion to share the information you have learn in hopes in helping someone else. You have inspired me to cover a topic on asthma which is a battle I have faced with my children that is a real concern for a lot of families these days.
http://happyfamilyblog.com/ – Your drive to support your family is evident and I totally respect that. Looking at your photos reminds me I need to seize the moments I have with my kids now, as they won’t always be this age.
https://lykaquin.wordpress.com/ – First, just know you are beautiful. Thank you for teaching women about beauty which boosts self confidence. I know as a mom, I sometimes get lost in that fact, but I can certainly take some of your fashion tips and apply them.
Answer the following questions:
1. What is your biggest challenge as a mom?
2. What is the greatest life lesson you what your child or children to learn?
3. What do you and your spouse do to spend quality time together?
4. What do you do to cut family expenses?
5. What advice would you give to a future mom?
6. What do you love most about being a mom?
7. Do you say some of the same clichés as your mom? If so, what?
8. How do you know if your child is lying about something?
9. Do your kids act more like you or your spouse?
10.What do you do to pamper yourself?
11.What’s the one thing you would change about the world to make it better for raising children?