When I started this blog in May 2015, I really wanted this to be a place where I could truly express my feelings about being a mom. The good, the bad, the struggles. I wanted to be transparent and discuss my life. I had all these emotions and I needed an outlet. Typically I’d just write in a journal, but I had been contemplating a personal blog about motherhood for years, so starting this blog was the perfect opportunity to make it a reality. I tend to internalize my feelings so being able to write them down was just as good as verbally saying them. I was initially afraid I’d be judged negatively, but as I began to write and follow other mom blogs, I realized I wasn’t alone in motherhood or my feelings about it.
Along my journey, I’ve been able to find someone who I’d describe as my mom twin. That’s in the form of Jennifer Peck at What Motherhood Has Taught Me. Jennifer, thank you for again nominating my blog for the Liebster Award. It’s always rewarding to know that my words resonate with someone other than myself. I encourage those reading this blog to check her out at https://jenniferpeck23.com.
What is the Liebster Award you ask?
The Liebster is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011.
“Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
So, TEN facts about myself :
1. I really like to laugh and can be quite silly (unfortunately, I feel life has sucked a lot of my joy away with stresses. I’m now working on getting my joy back)!
2. I hated my name growing up, but as I got older I appreciated the uniqueness of it.
3. I’m a hopeless romantic. I enjoy a great love story. I’ve been known to shed a tear or two. I know it’s a movie, but we all just want to be loved!
4. I’m short. I used to want to be taller, but I enjoy being petite. And I can always find cute shoes because of my smaller feet that match my frame!!!
5. I’m frugal. I don’t like spending a lot of money. Sometimes I could probably be classified as cheap. I just don’t like paying full price for things.
6. I’m extremely loyal.
7. I have the most handsome dog named Duke. He rescued us.
8. I’ve only been outside of the US once, but my dream is to travel abroad with my husband.
9. I have worked in the IT field for 20+ years.
10. I really just want to help people.
What is a piece of advice you’ve received that you want to share with others?
This too shall pass. Simply explained…….Circumstances are not permanent.
Who is the most inspiring person in your life and why?
My mom is the most inspiring person in my life because she is strong, hardworking, loving, and extremely giving.
How do you de-stress?
When given the opportunity, I de-stress in a hot bath listening to soothing music.
How would you describe your personal clothing style?
I’d describe my style as Casual Classy. I like my jeans, boots or heals. But I can dress down in my sneakers also. I try to ensure whatever I’m wearing is appropriate as a wife and mom.
What is on your bedside table right now?
My nightstand has a number of items: Bible, candles, clock, a picture of me and my husband, lamp, and a my jewelry.
What is your favorite on the go snack?
These days I’m eating better, so it’s apple slices and peanut butter.
Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or an extrovert? Explain.
I consider myself an extrovert because I typically start up conversations with people because I hate complete silence. There are times when I just observe and try to let others strike up the conversation though.
Describe a fun date you’ve been on!
One of my most fun and memorable dates was my first date with my husband. We had a great time talking and getting to know one another.
If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead who would you dine with and why?
My mom’s dad. I never had the opportunity to meet him as he passed away long before I was born. I would just like to know him as a grandfather.
Tell us about an item on your bucket list!
I’d like to visit Paris, France.
What do you like most about blogging?
I enjoy being able to express my feelings honestly and have my words resonate with others.
In attempt to bring recognition to blogs that folks may not be aware of, I nominate the following blogs I recently discovered:
Anna @ https://mommabirdblog.com – I ran across this blog just doing a simple search for mom blogs. I enjoyed reading posts related to frugal living and her recipe section which covers meal planning. One of her posts that really attracted me was “Have your kids do this when a siren goes by.”
https://parentingwith.technology – this is the techie in me that can appreciate ideas on how to properly allow my children to use technology. And I love the fact this is a dad with his experience on parenting.
Keisha @ https://ramblingmomof6.wordpress.com – I feel the love she has for her children and husband. She has 6 kids and homeschools. It so touched my heart. I can feel the joy in her words and it’s inspiring.
If you decide to accept this award….
Questions to answer…
- What is a piece of advice you’ve received that you want to share with others?
- Who is the most inspiring person in your life and why?
- How do you de-stress?
- How would you describe your personal clothing style?
- What is on your bedside table right now?
- What is your favorite on the go snack?
- Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or an extrovert? Explain
- Describe a fun date you’ve been on!
- If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead who would you dine with and why?
- Tell us about an item on your bucket list!
- What do you like most about blogging?
Rules of the Liebster Award 2018~
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional in 2018)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
For more detailed information on the Liebster Award 2018 visit here.
To accept the nomination answer my questions, tag me and notify me of your post by commenting below! I can’t wait to read your answers! Remember to nominate other bloggers so we can all continue discovering new blogs, building relationships, and supporting one another!